Phantagraphia is committed to fostering a harassment-free space where all Players are treated with respect and dignity. Players who are found to have harassed another individual may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including permanent expulsion from the site.This includes any player who:
- Interferes with the resolution of a harassment complaint
- Retaliates against an individual for filing a harassment complaint
- Files an unfounded harassment complaint intended to cause harm
This policy applies to all players on Phantagraphia, and to all behaviour that is directed towards fellow players on the site, regardless of whether the activity itself has taken place on the site, on other internet locations, or in real life.
- Offending or humiliating someone
- Threatening or intimidating someone
- Making unwelcome jokes or comments about someone’s race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or pardoned conviction.
- The use of In Character material to offend, humiliate, threaten or intimidate a player on the site.
- Behaviour that serves to silence, negate, or minimize the valid participation of a player, including In Character postings.
Sexual harassment is:
- Offensive or humiliating behaviour that is related to a person’s sex
- Behaviour of a sexual nature that creates an intimidating, unwelcome, hostile or offensive environment
- Behaviour of a sexual nature that could reasonably be thought to put sexual conditions on a players’s status on the site.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Phantagraphia is responsible for providing all players a harassment-free environment.
The Admins are responsible for:
- Ensuring that this policy is applied in a timely, consistent and confidential manner;
- Determining whether or not allegations of harassment are substantiated;
- Determining what corrective action is appropriate where a harassment complaint has been substantiated.
- The administration of this policy, including reviewing the policy as needed, and making necessary adjustments to ensure that the policy continues to meet the needs of the site.
Moderators and Admins are responsible for:
- Fostering a harassment-free environment and setting an example about appropriate behaviour;
- Communicating the process for investigating and resolving harassment complaints made by players;
- Dealing with harassment situations immediately upon becoming aware of them, whether or not a harassment complaint has been made;
- Taking appropriate action during a harassment investigation, including separating the parties to the harassment complaint, when appropriate
- Ensuring harassment situations are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Players are responsible for:
- Treating others with respect
- Reporting harassment to the Admins
- Cooperating with a harassment investigation and respecting the confidentiality related to the investigation process
Players can expect:
- To be treated with respect
- That reported harassment will be dealt with in a timely, confidential and effective manner;
- To have their rights to a fair process and to confidentiality respected during a harassment investigation
- To be protected against retaliation for reporting harassment or cooperating with a harassment investigation.
Procedures for Addressing a Harassment Complaint
A player may file a harassment complaint by contacting an Admin and stating that they wish to make an Official Complaint. The complaint may be made through any private channel, including IM, email, or Private Message. The admin will record the details provided by the player.
The player should be prepared to provide details such as what happened, when it happened, where it happened, how often and who else was present (if applicable), as well as supporting material such as chat logs and links to the offending post.
Complaints should be made as soon as possible but no later than within one year of the last incident of perceived harassment, unless there are circumstances that prevented the player from doing so.
The admin will tell the person that the harassment complaint has been made against, in writing, that a harassment complaint has been filed. The message will also provide details of the allegations that have been made against them.
Wherever appropriate and possible, the parties to the harassment complaint will be offered mediation by an Admin prior to proceeding with a harassment investigation. Mediation is voluntary and confidential. It is intended to assist the parties to arrive at a mutually acceptable resolution to the harassment complaint.
If mediation is inappropriate or does not resolve the issue, a harassment investigation will be conducted. The investigator will interview the person who made the complaint, the person the complaint was made against and any witnesses that have been identified.
The investigator will prepare a report that will include:
- A description of the allegations
- The response of the person the complaint was made against
- A summary of information learned from witnesses (if applicable)
- A decision about whether, on a balance of probabilities, harassment did occur.
Both parties to the complaint will be given a copy.
If a harassment complaint is substantiated, the Admins will decide what action is appropriate.
Remedies for the player who was harassed may include: an oral or written apology; formal voiding of any related IC events from the shared history.
Corrective action for the player found to have engaged in harassment may include: a formal warning, or banning.
Both parties to the complaint will be advised, in writing, of the decision.
Privacy and Confidentiality
All parties to a harassment complaint are expected to respect the privacy and confidentiality of all other parties involved and to limit the discussion of a harassment complaint to those that need to know.
Phantagraphia will review this policy and procedures as required, and will make necessary adjustments to ensure that it meets the needs of all players.